An 11-year-old from Massachusetts is being praised a hero after she saved her little sister who was just two days old.
It’s fortunate Alise Fabregas paid attention in class that day because the lesson became an important one very quickly. Mom Jamie Fabregas said baby Miranda had been spitting up. She heard the newborn coughing and then she simply stopped. The baby didn’t make a sound and that’s when Mom and big sis both realized something was wrong.
Alise jumped on it in no time, realizing exactly what needed to be done. She quickly laid her sister face down with her head tilted toward the floor and patted her back firmly, but without hurting her. This allowed Miranda to cough up whatever she had been choking on and enable air to reach her lungs.
Alise said she and her sixth-grade class had just learned how to save a choking infant, something that most are unaware differs from standard CPR. Mom said she was nervous in the moment, but ultimately placed her trust in her older daughter because she didn’t know what else to do.
We’re just happy everything worked out okay for this family. If you are too, please SHARE with friends and family.
[Featured Image: ABC 7]