13-Year-Old Girl Suffers Bizarre Second Degree Burn From Charging Cell Phone

13-Year-Old Girl Suffers Bizarre Second Degree Burn From Charging Cell Phone

When it comes to things parents tell their kids not to do, the list can be quite exhaustive.

Don’t talk to strangers, eat food off the ground, or stick anything in an electrical outlet. And, speaking of electrical outlets, you can now tell your kids to avoid talking on a cell phone while it’s charging and they happen to be wearing costume jewelry around their neck.

[Jackie Fedro]
At least, that’s what caused a bizarre injury for Gabbie Fedro. Her mother, Jackie Fedro, who lives in Highland Park outside of Chicago, said her daughter’s bizarre injury left her feeling helpless.

[Jackie Fedro]
“It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her,” she said. “It took her a good five minutes before she was even able to tell us what had happened.”

[Jackie Fedro]
After some investigation, the family learned the bizarre incident probably happened because Gabbie had been using a charger she bought from a mall kiosk. Because it wasn’t the standard issued electronic device, it shorted and transferred a shock to Gabbi through the necklace, which acted as a fabulous conductor of electricity. And you thought 9th grade would never apply to real life.

[Jackie Fedro]
Fedro said she contacted both T-Mobile and LG about the incident. LG did not respond, she said, but T-Mobile sent the family a new phone and offered to pay Gabbie’s medical bills.

Find this story strange? Spread awareness and please SHARE with friends and family!

[Featured Image: Jackie Fedro]