Turning 30 is a milestone in most of our lives.
It is also a big wake up call when one day we arise and we are no longer in our glorious 20’s.
We would probably feel great about turning 30 if we did the things we wanted to do in our 20’s. And no I don’t mean partying and killing our livers and brains, I mean checking unbelievable goals off of our list that will help advance us towards the people we want to be.
For anyone who has set goals, you will know that checking goals off of your list can be one of the best feelings in the world. You feel so proud, and so accomplished.
Here is a good place to start: 3o Amazing Goals You Should Set For Yourself Before Turning 30
1. Visit a new continent
2. Travel to at least 1 country per year
3. Read at least 1 book a month
4. Develop a daily habit of exercising
5. Start eating healthy
6. Create an online business on the side (it’s a great way to make extra income besides working your day job)
7. Learn a new language
8. Face your biggest fear
9. Every year, write a letter to your future self (preferably on, or right before your birthday each year)
10. Become a morning person (Yes, this is possible)
11. Make a list of things that truly make you happy
12. Write in a journal every day for a few minutes
13. Practice daily gratitude
14. Practice discipline (e.g. if you set a goal for yourself, jot down a time when that goal is to be completed)
15. Volunteer to help a person or people in need
16. Donate to a charity or foundation (one that means something to you)
17. See at least 6 shows (broadway, or any other) every year
18. Take at least 1 cooking class a year
19. Visit at least 1 new place every month (it can be just a short drive away)
20. Get in control of your finances- have a budget, and a plan to repay debts if you have
21. Create a savings- save at least 10% of every paycheck you earn
22. Always invest in your education and never stop learning
23. Learn to say no- you have to create boundaries for yourself
24. Quit worrying (worrying kills human lives)
25. Quit comparing yourself to others (this life is yours to live)
26. Stay firm in your beliefs
27. Invest in your passions (e.g. if you like to writing, take a writing course)
28. Don’t let anyone steer you away from your dreams
29. Don’t forget to make time with the most important people to you- family and friends
30. Remember to have fun!
And remember that in order to accomplish each goal, you must have a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly plan of how you will achieve it. Some may think that this is a rigid way to live, but it’s actually a very freeing way to live because you will be in control of your life. The outcome of your life will be yours, and you will be able to accomplish anything that you want.
[Featured Image Credit: thefridaytimes.com]