If dog owners could, they would spend all day with their four-legged best friends, but unfortunately, many have to leave their pups behind when they go to work every morning, which is why one Colorado woman decided to enroll her golden retriever in a local doggy daycare.
Laura hated the idea of leaving her dog, Charlie, home alone every day while she was at work, and figured bringing her to daycare would let her socialize with other dogs, get some exercise, and, most importantly, stay safe thanks to constant staff supervision.
Like every other morning, Laura dropped Charlie off at the Bark and Play doggy daycare facility in Denver and went about her day. Yet before she managed to get back to pick her up, the daycare called Laura to tell her some shocking news. “(They said) she’s high on heroin,” Laura said.
While Charlie and a group of other dogs played outside in the daycare’s fenced-in courtyard, a drug dealer was running from police, and carelessly threw 17 bags of heroin over the fence as he ran by.
In the facility’s surveillance footage, Charlie was seen eating an entire bag of heroin before one of the staff members realized what was littered all over the floor. “You can see her chewing on it as she walks away,”said Garett Bishop, the daycare’s owner.
Thankfully, Charlie was rushed to the vet where they gave her charcoal and Narcan, and just managed to survive the overdose, however, Laura is furious at the drug dealer for endangering Charlie. “I could have lost my dog yesterday because some stupid idiot decided to sell drugs, run from the police and throw them.”
Watch the entire video below to see the shocking moment Charlie ate an entire bag of heroin.
How would you react if you got a call like this about your beloved pet? Let us know in the comments below, and please SHARE this with friends on Facebook.
[Featured image: KTLA]