One family’s german shepherd helped saved their children’s lives on Monday night.
When a fire broke out in Margo Feaser’s Orlando, Florida home, neighbors immediately called 911 and started breaking windows. They helped to get out Margo, and when firefighters arrived, they were able to rescue her husband.
“Maxx, the family dog, is credited with assisting firefighters through the heavy smoke to the location of each of the two children,” according to GoFundMe.
The german shepherd helped save the lives of the 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old little girl.
Maxx was treated for smoke inhalation but thankfully, he is now doing well.
The mother, Margo is a 12-year veteran of the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, and she also served with the U.S. Army for three years and is currently a member of the Army National Guard. Her husband is also a veteran.
Their GoFundMe says,
“We are grateful to the neighbors who jumped into action, and we especially thank the firefighters who selflessly entered the burning structure and risked their lives during the rescue.”
Family members are currently being hospitalized for their conditions, which range from serious to critical.
Watch this video below and please SHARE this hero dog’s story with your friends on Facebook!
To help assist the family with medical, veterinary and other housing expenses, please visit their GoFundMe page.
[Featured Image Credit: GoFundMe]