For eight long months, one expecting Florida woman worked hard to make sure she had everything she could possibly need and was prepared to give birth to her first child.
Yet just weeks before her due date, an electrical problem caused Nicola Taylor’s apartment to catch on fire. Not only was her home completely destroyed, but also everything inside, including all of the baby gifts she received from a baby shower just days before.
“I was blindsided. Getting out was my main goal at the time. The smoke was heavy and black. I couldn’t see what was going on,” said Nicola, who was napping when the fire started. Everyone in the apartment thankfully made it out alive, but they were left with nothing but the clothes on their backs. “The apartment was completely gutted down to the concrete,” said fire department spokesman Captain Jerry Gonzalez. “They’re a low-income family. They had all these gifts in the apartment, and everything was lost.”
Watch the entire video below to see how this expecting mom reacted when she realized what a bunch of firemen did for her family.
Can you believe what these hero firefighters did for a total stranger? Let us know what you think in the comments below and please SHARE this with friends on Facebook.
[Featured Image: Facebook/Lauderhill Fire Rescue Station 57]