For people struggling with mental illnesses like depression, a seemingly simple task like getting out of bed can be the biggest challenge. But when you’re having a bad day, it’s important to remember that it’s ok to lean on your loved ones for a little support, which is exactly what this incredible husband reminded his wife.
When work stress, financial strains, and friend issues started getting the better of Molly Murphy, her husband Tim Murphy was there to catch her. “Amidst all the struggle, my husband has relentlessly tried to cheer me up. I’ve not been the easiest person to deal with. In fact, sometimes I’ve lost all hope and even taken my frustration out on my new husband. But he somehow forgives me every time,” Molly wrote.
In order to help his wife, Tim decided he’d write down a few of the reasons why he loved her on their bedroom mirror. A few words may not erase all the pain, but they sure can help.
“Today when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left, and saw these words painted all across my mirror,” Molly wrote in her post on Imgur. “I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget.”
Tim’s list was made up of both the big things he loves like how she makes him want to be a better person, and the little things like how she snorts when she laughs.
The List reads:
1. She is my best friend
2. She never quits on herself or me
3. She gives me time to work on my crazy projects
4. She makes me laugh, everyday
5. She is gorgeous
6. She accepts the crazy person I am
7. She’s the kindest person i know
8. She’s got a beautiful singing voice
9. She’s gone to a strip club with me
10. She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity I know
11. She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time
12. Without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than I have ever wanted to do for anyone
13. She’s done an amazing job at advancing her career path
14. Small animals make her cry
15. She snorts when she laughs
Can you believe this husband’s incredible gesture for his wife? Let us know what you thin in the comments, and please SHARE this amazing story on Facebook.
[Featured image credit: Facebook]