At times, Carrie Bradshaw’s opinions on life, love, dating, and friendship were dramatic and cliché, but more often than not, her insightful thoughts were words any girl should live by.
11. “I like my money where I can see it – hanging in my closet.”
10. “Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn’t fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are.”
9. “seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart.”
8. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.”
7. “Some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.”
6. “And finally, the most important break up rule: no matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never go through it without your friends.”
5. “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.”
4.”Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.”
3. “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
2. “The universe may not always play fair, but at least it’s got a hell of a sense of humor.”
1. “Life gives you lots of chances to screw up, which means you have just as many chances to get it right.”
Which Carrie Bradshaw-ism spoke to you the most? Share with us in the comments below.
[Featured image credit: HBO]