A young girl had her life saved by a general practitioner who recognized that the bug bite on her face was indeed something much worse to worry about.
Lsat year, 25-year-old Hayley Williams noticed that something was off when her daughter’s bug bite wouldn’t heal after many days, so she took three-year-old Connie McAughey to the doctor. The two had just returned from Ibiza for a family vacation.
“It wasn’t until the next morning when I saw it go black that I thought it wasn’t quite right,” the young mother noticed.
The lingering mosquito bite was concerning for Mom, but it was downright frightening when the doctor who suggested a blood test confirmed it was not a bug bite at all, but a form of cancer.
However, because doctors managed to catch it in its early stages, and due to aggressive chemotherapy, the child’s cancerous leukemia is now in remission.
They expect Connie to be officially free from leukemia by January 2016, less than two years after suffering the initial insect bite.
Delighted Hayley, from Birmingham in the United Kingdom said, “that insect bite was a Godsend because either we wouldn’t have caught it when we did.
The parents are still shocked a mosquito bite both put their daughter in the hospital and saved her life. Who knew a bug bite could be so impactful?
“Connie started losing her hair but she has been so brave. I think we found it harder than her. She has been really cheerful through all of it. I am so proud of her,” Mom said about her brave daughter.
Fortunately, this courageous little girl is well on the road to recovery. Were you surprised to hear a bug bite could be an indicator of cancer?
Tell us your thoughts in the comments and please SHARE with friends and family.
[Featured Image: Newstream]