North Carolina Man Puts Life At Risk To Rescue Petrified Dog From Blazing Car Fire

North Carolina Man Puts Life At Risk To Rescue Petrified Dog From Blazing Car Fire

What do you do when you find a terrified pooch trapped in a blazing SUV and unable to escape?

For Good Samaritan Chad Reiginter, the answer is an obvious one: you save it, of course. The North Carolina man didn’t mind putting his own life in danger if it meant saving a beloved pet.

[ShutterStock]
The dog, Abby, belongs to the Hilton family, who were vacationing in North Carolina for the holiday season. The incident happened outside a restaurant in Asheville, North Carolina as the family chowed down inside.

Reiginter was simply a passerby. He was drawn in by the commotion and when he saw the whining dog, he had to jump in. Not knowing what else to do, in jumped as close as possible to the car and followed through with the first idea that sprang to mind.

[MSN]
“I just grabbed my pocket knife and started smashing windows,” he told ABC 6, which first reported the story and has dramatic video of the scene. “I tried to reach the dog through the first window and he wouldn’t come out, so I just started smashing windows and all of a sudden he ran out the back window and took off.”

[MSN]
Fortunately, the dog made it out safely and the family is reunited. But the scary incident could have ended much less fortunately. The Hilton family attributes the fire to faulty wiring and malfunctions.

Find this heroic rescue inspiring? Please SHARE with friends and family.

[Featured Image: ABC 6]