Toddler Found After Being Lost In Cornfield For More Than 20 Hours

Toddler Found After Being Lost In Cornfield For More Than 20 Hours

It was one Wisconsin family’s worse nightmare when their toddler disappeared in a cornfield on Saturday afternoon.

Three-year-old Dyton Logalbo was playing in the backyard on Saturday afternoon as his mom was gardening. Dyton wound up walking into a nearby cornfield just behind his home, and his mom looked up just in time to watch him disappear into the thousands of stalks.

Credit: WSAW

According to the Lenglade County Sheriff’s Office, Dyton’s mom tried to call her son and searched the field high and low for him, but when she was unsuccessful, she called the police department.

Sheriff Bill Greening told Inside Edition that they put together a search team to find the boy, which included helicopters, drones, volunteer workers, fire department officials, and search dogs. Over 600 volunteers showed up to help find the missing child and the search spanned over the next two days.

Credit: Fred Berner/Antigo Daily Journal via AP

“I was relatively confident he was in the cornfield,” Greening told “I felt confident once we had enough personnel that we’d ultimately be able to find him.” Greening describes finding the boy was like “finding a needle in a haystack.”

“It was very dense and very difficult to search in those areas,” Greening said about field that was reportedly more than 100 acres, with corn stalks standing at more than seven feet tall. “We had to almost step on the child to find him, it was so thick.”

Credit: Inside Edition

According to WSAW, more than 20 hours after Dyton disappeared, a volunteer stumbled upon the boy sitting cross-legged between the stalks.

“We were walking the cornfield for about two and a half hours and so after that, everything starts to look like corn cobs and corn stalks,” Tom Andraschko, the volunteer who found the boy, told WSAW. “Once we got a little closer you could tell it was arms and legs. So, I was about 20 feet away and that’s when I took off running. I knew for sure it was him then.”

Credit: Antigo Times via Sandy Van Boekel Andraschko

“He was cold, and wet and scared,” Greening told “But overall, he was in good health.” Rescuers gave Dyton juice and granola bars before he was taken to the hospital. Luckily, Dyton was in good health and he was released from the hospital just hours later.

In the emotional video below, you will see Dyton reunited with his family, who were all in tears!

Watch the video and please SHARE this incredible rescue with your friends and family on Facebook!

[Featured Image Credit: WSAW]