Warren Edward Buffett, 83, is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is widely thought to be the most successful investor of the 20th century.
We don’t guarantee that these Warren Buffet quotes will make you a millionaire – but it can’t hurt to read them.
Buffet’s investment vehicle is his company, Berkshire Hathaway. He was once ranked the world’s wealthiest person, and is in the top ten every year. His nett worth in 2013 was around $60 billion, so he must be doing something right!
Buffett, sometimes called the “Wizard of Omaha,” is noted for his adherence to the value investing philosophy and for living a personally frugal life. He is also a notable philanthropist and has pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
As a result, his three children will not see much of his money. Buffet told The New York Times: “I don’t believe in dynastic wealth,” calling those who grow up in wealthy circumstances “members of the lucky sperm club.”
Well, you may not be a member of that club, so all the more reason to study our Warren Buffet quotes:
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.
- Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.
- Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
- Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.
- Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
- Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
- We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.
- You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.
- When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.
Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.
- I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.
- Derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction.
- I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me.
These Warren Buffet quotes show that he is not only good at making money; he also has an ascerbic wit.
Do you agree that your children shouldn’t inherit your estate? What do you feel about super billionaires?
Share your thoughts by making use of the comments feed below.