What is it in the human psyche that craves friendship, sometimes at any cost. How can you determine who is a real friend – and who is the fake?
These revealing fake friend quotes will go some way toward helping you understand the difference.
The sad truth is that for many people, a true friend is very difficult to find in our modern society. The very essence of friendship is also its weakness. True friendship must be totally reciprocal; each must he there for the other at all times, and in all circumstances.
Unfortunately, fake friends are never there when you need them the most. They put little or no effort into sustaining the friendship. They simply have other priorities.
Sometimes, you can identify fake friends, since they frequently seem to have negative judgmental attitudes towards things you do or say. And, worse than that, they gossip about secrets of other people, so, you have to ask yourself if they also gossip about you. Another aspect of fake friends is that they don’t keep their word, or do what they say they will do at the time they are supposed to do it.
True friends, of course, are the exact opposite. They guard your secrets, keep their promises, check that you are OK, and don’t judge you. Basically, they are simply there for you whenever you need them.
Browse through our list of fake friend quotes, and check which of them could apply to your current friends.
In many of the quotes the author is not known, but that does make the sentiment expressed any less valid.
1. Fake friends are like four quarters, they change for a dollar.
2. I hate two faced people, it makes it harder for me to decide which side to slap first.
3. Fake friends are like autumn leaves, they’re scattered everywhere.
4. Everyone you fight may not be your enemy, likewise everyone that helps you may not be your friend.
5. How do I know you talk behind my back? Your friends tell me everything!
6. Sometimes people in your life will try to expose what’s wrong with you because they can’t handle what’s right with you!
7. Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smile at you is your best friend.
8. Even problems do you a favor, they let you know the real friends from fake ones.
9. Every coin has two sides, just like most people have two faces.
10. Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.
11. It is hard to deal with someone who smiles and pretends to like you to your face and sticks that eight inch blade in your back when you turn around.
12. I think you chose the wrong career path. You should have gone into acting because you’re so good at pretending to be something you’re not.
13. Be careful who you trust because as quickly as they say they’re your friend is how quick they can turn their backs on you.
14. Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing.
15. When they show you their true colors don’t try to paint a pretty picture with it.
Could you identify any of your current friends as a result of reading these fake friends quotes?
Perhaps you know of other quotes we didn’t use, and which you think could be usefully be added to the list. It’s easy to tell us by using our comments feed below.