Funny sayings have an extraordinary ability to lift us out of even the blackest mood.
Nobody knows for sure how the human spirit can shift from the depths of unhappiness to the heights of optimism in a moment.
But, Bill Cosby, the actor and comedian, summed it up very well when he said:
“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.”
Our ability to laugh at ourselves, or at the occasional unfair hand of cards that life deals us, is one of mankind’s greatest strengths.
Of course, funny sayings by themselves are not the total answer. But, the fact that they help to alter the frame of mind is the first step along the path to uplifting the spirit.
As Jennifer Jones so aptly put it:
“If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor.”
And this opinion is echoed by William Arthur Ward, when he states:
“A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.”
We, at Life Daily, absolutely agree with these opinions. That’s why, as our contribution to the task of brightening your mood, we are bringing you these wonderful funny sayings.
Read, enjoy, and laugh along with us – or smile,at least!
Here they are:
1. If you think seven years bad luck is too much for a breaking mirror try breaking a condom.-Rita Rudner
2. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
3. If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets.
4. Parents are the last people on earth who ought to have children.
5. You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine.
6. Just because nobody complains doesn’t mean all parachutes are perfect. -Benny Hill
7. Income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf.
8. I found there was only one way to look thin: hang out with fat people.
9. I haven’t spoken to my wife in years. I didn’t want to interrupt her.
10. I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
11. See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
12. A word to the wise ain’t necessary – it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.
13. As a child my family’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
14. A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.
15. After all, what is your host’s purpose in having a party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they’d have simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi. -P.J. O’Rourke
16. A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.
17. Politics is just show business for ugly people.
18. Don’t forget Mother’s Day. Or as they call it in Beverly Hills, Dad’s Third Wife Day.
19. The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
20. I don’t need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder to do that for me.
21. Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
22. Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.
23. Anybody who thinks talk is cheap should get some legal advice.
-Franklin P. Jones
24. They’re talking about banning cigarette smoking now in any place that’s used by ten or more people in a week, which, I guess, means that Madonna can’t even smoke in bed.
25. I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
Still have a smile on your face from our funny sayings? Which was your favorite? It’s easy for you to tell us in the comments feed below. Just waiting to hear from you!