Charles Monroe Schulz was born in Minnesota in 1922 and died aged 77 in Santa Rosa, California.
He was one of the most famous cartoonists in the world, thanks to the extraordinary success of his ‘Peanuts’ comic strip, which featured the characters of Snoopy and Charlie Brown.
These quotes from Charles M. Schultz look as if they came from the comic strip – and probably did.
He is widely regarded as one of the most influential cartoonists of all time and is cited as a major influence by many later cartoonists.
“Calvin and Hobbes” creator Bill Watterson wrote:
Peanuts pretty much defines the modern comic strip, so even now it’s hard to see it with fresh eyes. The clean, minimalist drawings, the sarcastic humor, the unflinching emotional honesty, the inner thoughts of a household pet, the serious treatment of children, the wild fantasies, the merchandising on an enormous scale — in countless ways, Schulz blazed the wide trail that most every cartoonist since has tried to follow.
Praise indeed, and well deserved.
When you browse our selection of the quotes of Charles M. Schultz you’ll see why:
- I love mankind; it’s people I can’t stand.
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
- Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
- I have a new philosophy. I’m only going to dread one day at a time.
- Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, ‘Where have I gone wrong?’ Then a voice says to me, ‘This is going to take more than one night.’
- Jogging is very beneficial. It’s good for your legs and your feet. It’s also very good for the ground. If makes it feel needed.
- You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.
- Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.
- Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask why me? Then a voice answers nothing personal, your name just happened to come up.
- There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from.
- That’s the secret to life… replace one worry with another.
- There’s a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker.
That was a small selection of the quotes of Charles M. Schultz.
Could you visualize Snoopy talking? Or Charlie Brown? Who is your favorite Schultz character?
Share your thoughts by making use of the comments feed below.