Winnie-the-Pooh has been endearing himself to children and adults alike since 1926. That was the year in which A.A. Milne published the first collection of stories about a little bear who enjoyed honey – and loved to talk.
For a bear, Pooh was quite a philosopher, and produced some amusing – and even insightful – sayings.
Our Life Daily team has selected some of the most delightful Winnie-the-Pooh quotes to make you think or smile
Milne created the character of Pooh to be naive and slow-witted, but he is also friendly, thoughtful, and steadfast. Although he and his friends agree that he “has no brain,” Pooh is occasionally acknowledged to have a clever idea, usually driven by common sense.
But Pooh is also able to think quickly when needed. For example, there was the time he had intended to give his friend Eeyore a pot of honey for his birthday. Unfortunately, Pooh couldn’t resist eating the honey on his way to deliver the present, and so instead gave Eeyore “a useful pot to put things in”.
Pooh’s character is exemplified in these quotes – check them out:
1. Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more… to give way to the happiness of the person you love.
2. I used to believe in forever; but forever’s too good to be true.
3. You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
4. A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.
5. A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.
6. Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
7. It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’
8. My spelling is Wobbly. It’s good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
9. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
10. Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
11. It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you want him or whether you don’t.
12. A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.
13. We will be friends until forever, just you wait and see.
14. Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.
Did our Winnie-the Pooh quotes give you a different perception of the philosophical little bear?
Which was your favorite? You can share your thoughts easily simply by using the comments feed below.