Sayings about love usually focus on the romantic aspects of a state of mind that covers a wide range of feelings.
The Ancient Greeks identified four different kinds of love:
- Sexual and romantic desire
- Divine love
But it was the Ancient Roman poet, Virgil, who coined the phrase ‘Love Conquers All!’
At Life Daily, we are always seeking ways to improve the quality of your life.
What better way can there be than by helping you to look at love through the eyes of others who have enjoyed, or endured, this experience. We have carefully studied the almost limitless number of sayings about love and have selected 15 of the very best. The words speak for themselves; sometimes sad or wistful, sometimes romantic or humorous and, occasionally, a bit cloying, but each from a different point of view. What they have in common are the attempts of the writers to give answers to the question posed by Cole Porter, in his famous song ‘What is this thing called love?’ We guarantee that your next few minutes will be well spent trying to find out.
1. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved and people are being used.
2. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
3. Falling in love is like jumping off a really tall building. Your brain tells you it’s not a good idea, but your heart tells you, you can fly.
4. Love is not who you can see yourself with. It’s who you can’t see yourself without.
5. Once you care about a person, it’s impossible to be logical about them any more.
6. Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach. In fact, it is based on compromise, care, and trust.
7. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
8. Everyone says that love hurts, but that’s not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Everyone confuses these things with love but, in reality, love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again.
9. Love is awfully simple, but falling out of love is simply awful.
10. It’s not hard to find someone who tells you they love you. It’s hard to find someone who actually means it.
11. If I could choose between living and breathing, I would use my last breath to say ‘I love you.’
12. I’ve fallen in love many times…always with you.
13. Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.
14. A guy who truly loves a girl doesn’t need to unbutton her shirt to have a better view of her heart.
15. Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does.
We hope that you found much wisdom in these sayings about love because, as the Beatles so aptly sang: ‘All you need is love!’ How many of the sayings did you identify with? Want to add a saying about love of your own? You can, just by going to the comments feed below – we’d “love” to hear from you.