Continuing our series of random facts, we’ve put together a collection of funny random facts about animals.
When we say animals, we mean all branches of the non-human kingdom, so our list covers mammals, reptiles, fish, birds, and insects.
What can you possibly do with this information? Well, you never know when someone will ask – at dinner party for example: “How long can a cockroach live without its head?”
Whilst all the others are scratching THEIR heads, you can amaze them by coming up with the answer; it’s in the list below!
And, you can never be sure when knowing something obscure can be used to impress people like business colleagues, potential employers, or future parents-in-law.
We, at Life Daily, recognize that you are all busy people, and don’t have the time to scour the internet to search for funny random facts. So, we’ve put together a small selection that you can browse in a just a few moments.
Be our guest:
1. A crocodile can’t stick it’s tongue out.
2. A shrimp’s heart is in it’s head.
3. A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
4. A crocodile can’t move its tongue and cannot chew. Its digestive juices are so strong that it can digest a steel nail.
5. Guinea pigs and rabbits can’t sweat.
6. Skunks can accurately spray their smelly fluid as far as ten feet.
7. The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds
8. The female lion does ninety percent of the hunting.
9. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
10. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
11. The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump!
12. On average a hedgehog’s heart beats 300 times a minute.
13. Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
14. A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death!
15. The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male’s head off.
16. Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
17. Butterflies taste with their feet.
18. Starfish have no brains.
19. Polar bears are left-handed.
20. Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
We guess that now you have learned a few funny random facts about animals that you didn’t know before. Which one was the most astonishing? Do have any other fascinating facts to add to the list?
You can tell us and our readers, simply by using the comment feed below.