The random facts of life that are the subject of this article are those things that we observe, or encounter, but seldom stop to consider deeply.
Many we simply take for granted as truisms, although whether they are facts or not can be a little subjective.
So the “facts” that our Life Daily team has selected are not as absolute as the height of the Empire State building (1,454 feet or 443 meters), or the name of the capital of France (Paris – just in case you forgot).
Rather, they are slightly cynical observations on life along the lines of, say, “Murphy’s Law.” To remind you, Murphy’s Law states that anything that can possibly go wrong, WILL go wrong. Everyone knows that the justification for this law is not the same as that for the Law of Gravity, but it is extraordinary how often Mr Murphy’s observation comes true.
Our random facts are more or less in the same mold. Check them out and see for yourself:
1. People who tell you that they have an excellent sense of humor probably don’t.
2. The most valuable function performed by the Federal Government is entertainment.
3. Never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she’s pregnant – unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that very moment.
4. They can hold all the peace talks they want, but there will never be peace in the Middle East. Billions of years from now, when Earth is hurtling toward the Sun and there is nothing left alive on the planet except a few microorganisms, the microorganisms living in the Middle East will be bitter enemies.
5. Probably the most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
6. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.
7. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.
8. There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness”.
9. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
10. Nobody is normal.
11. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings”.
12. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.
13. If there really is a God who created the entire universe with all of its glories, and He decides to deliver a message to humanity, He will not use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.
14. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
15. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
How many of our random facts have you encountered?
Do you agree with our selection? Would you care to add some other facts to the list?
Feel free to do just that by using our comments feed below.