Love is something that has always been talked about in novels and film; a feeling that you yearn for, but don’t quite know how to put into words.
But some people have been able to use language to describe that amazing feeling, and their quotes will definitely make you feel something.
There are so many quotes about love in the world, but we’ve collected 15 of our favorites. In honor of the SCOTUS decision that made love legal for everyone, here are some of the best quotes about love of all time.
1. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” ―Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
2. “Love is real, real is love.” ―John Lennon
3. “I fell in love with the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”―John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
4. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” ―Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
5. “Love is not an equation, it is not a contract, and it is not a happy ending. Love is the slate under the chalk, the ground that buildings rise, and the oxygen in the air. It is the place you come back to, no matter where your headed.” ―Jodi Picoult
6. “I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” ―Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
7. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” —James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time
8. “Falling in love is very real, but I used to shake my head when people talked about soul mates, poor deluded individuals grasping at some supernatural ideal not intended for mortals but sounded pretty in a poetry book. Then, we met, and everything changed, the cynic has become the converted, the sceptic, an ardent zealot.” ―E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
9. “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ―Dr. Seuss
10. “I don’t think love is blind, true love is probably the most clear-eyed state of being there is.’ ‘Maybe you’re right. Maybe with true love, you see and you love anyway…” ―Marisa de los Santos, Love Walked In
11. “He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”―Bob Marley
12. “Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star.”―E.E. Cummings
13. “It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You’re not alone.”―Marilyn Monroe
14. “I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.”―F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. “We must get beyond passions, like a great work of art. In such miraculous harmony. We should learn to love each other so much to live outside of time… detached.”―Federico Fellini
[Featured Image Credit: www.hdwallpapers.in]